UPDATED: July 17, 2023
You can customize your experience and block the use of all but necessary cookies. Visit About Our Cookies to learn more or adjust your preferences. [If you block any cookies, you may still use our website, but may not have access to enhancements from the blocked cookie(s)]
- INFORMATION WE COLLECT
- HOW WE COLLECT INFORMATION
- HOW WE USE INFORMATION
- HOW WE SHARE INFORMATION
- ABOUT OUR COOKIES
- MANAGE YOUR PREFERENCES
- NOTICE AT COLLECTION
- YOUR RIGHTS AND CHOICES
- CHILDREN’S PRIVACY
- NOTICE TO RESIDENTS OF CALIFORNIA, COLORADO, CONNECTICUT, UTAH AND VIRGINIA
INFORMATION WE COLLECT - We collect information from you and about you, in order to provide you with the products and services you request, and to more effectively market our products. The information we collect includes information that identifies you (name, email address, shipping and billing address, telephone number, payment information, order details and transaction history). We will also treat additional information, including IP addresses and cookie identifiers as “personal information” where required by applicable law.
- Information you provide to us when you request or order products through the Platforms, register for an account or sign up for catalogs, events and email publications.
- Information we collect automatically – We may automatically collect and receive your personal information when you visit the Sites, purchase our products, or interact with us. We use this information to improve the Sites and the products we offer. If a combination of information we collect does identify you as an individual, we will treat the combined information as personal information. The following are examples of how we automatically collect information through the Sites:
- We may use your personal information to accomplish our business purposes including to:
- Complete your transaction, process and ship your order, or respond to your questions or requests.
- Personalize your experience, store your preferences, provide user-experience features, and to operate our business and provide our products and services.
- Communicate with you, including by electronic means, about your order, special offers, promotions and other products or services we may think may be of interest to you.
- Detect and prevent fraud and protect the security and integrity of the Sites and our systems.
- Protect the health or safety of our customers, employees or others.
- Comply with our legal obligations or to respond to law enforcement or legal and regulatory inquiries or requests or legal proceedings.
However, when appropriate, Stoddard may share personal information with:
- Service Providers. We engage with select service providers that provide services to support our operations such as order processing and fulfillment, market research, advertising and promotion of products, websites analytics, shipping and delivery and other support services. Such parties may, from time to time, have access to your information to enable them to provide the services. Service Providers are prohibited from selling or sharing your information, or for using your information for purposes beyond the scope of the services they are providing on our behalf.
- Payment Gateway – We use a third party payment gateway service that manages the the submission of credit card information.
- Successor Entities – We reserve the right to transfer your personal information to a successor entity in the event of a company merger, consolidation, sale of assets or other corporate changes.
WHAT ARE COOKIES?
A cookie is a small file that is stored on your computer through your web browser that allows websites to recognize visitors and remember their activity. There are several type of cookies. Some may last just for the duration of your visit while others may persist longer, allowing the website to recognize visitors over multiple visits. Our website may use the following cookies:
Essential cookies are necessary to provide the core functionality of our websites.
- Session Cookies
These cookies allow us to recognize and connect your actions in order to display the website correctly and to provide the services you request. These cookies are only present during your current session and do not remain on your device after the browser is closed.
- Permanent Cookies
These cookies allow us to remember your login details (if you have asked us to do so) so you don't have to type them in every time you use the site. We also use them to determine whether you have previously viewed and accepted the privacy and cookie banner.
Non-essential cookies are not required to provide the core functionality of our website but they help us improve our website and provide you with a more relevant, personalized experience.
- Analytics Cookies
These cookies enable us to track when you and others see and interact with our websites, marketing communications and advertisements. The information we record may include what browser and operating system you are using, the pages you visited and the time spent on our website. We use this data to measure and improve the performance of our website.
- Advertising Cookies
These cookies are used to track and store when you and others see and interact with our website, marketing communications and advertisements. We use this data to target and personalize our website, marketing communications and advertisements on this and other websites. The purpose is to show you relevant products and services based on what you have previously viewed, searched or clicked when you visited our website. We advertise through ad networks that use your web browsing history to select which advertisements to display on their network websites. These advertisements may include advertising for our websites.
- Social Cookies
If you have signed in to a social networking site such as Facebook they may have set a cookie on your device which recognizes you when you visit our website. These cookies allow you to share and post content and may allow the social networking site to track your activity. Visit each social networking site to manage your cookie preferences.
Your web browser provides the ability to manage your cookie preferences as well as disable and/or delete all cookies used on our website. If you do disable or block all cookies our website may not operate as expected and you may not be able to access your account to purchase products.
Stoddard undertakes reasonable and appropriate physical, administrative, and technical security measures to help safeguard your personal information and prevent unauthorized access and disclosures. However, the security of information transmitted over the Internet is not guaranteed. We suggest you take steps to help protect the confidentiality of your information, such as: using complex passwords to secure your account, using a unique password for each Sites on which you have an account, and keeping your password confidential; keeping the operating system, anti-virus and other protections on your computer or mobile device up-to-date; sign out of your account when not using it; and contact our customer service team if you receive any suspicious mail, emails, phone calls or other communications purporting to be from Stoddard.
The Personal Information we collect about you will depend upon how you use our Sites or otherwise interact with us. We will retain the above Personal Information at least as long as necessary to accomplish the business purpose for which it was collected, comply with any laws or regulations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
You can choose not to give us personal information we request but, in some cases, we will not be able to provide our products or services or respond to your request without certain information. You may also contact us using the methods provided on our Contact Stoddard page to exercise any of your rights and choices, which include the following:
- Update Your Information. You may view, update and correct your personal information by logging into your Stoddard account or by contact us using the methods provided on our Contact Stoddard page.
- Managing Your Stoddard Account. You may update your preferences and options included in your Stoddard account at any time by logging into your account. You may also cancel your account at any time by notifying us using the methods provided on our Contact Stoddard page.
- Communication Preferences. You may request to be removed from our marketing emails by on the “UNSUBSCRIBE” link at the bottom of the communication. Please note that even if you opt out of receiving marketing communications, you may continue to receive emails, mailings or calls relating to order confirmations and/or other transaction-related communications.
- Marketing Preferences. If you prefer not to have your name and address shared with third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes (e.g., sending you catalogs), please let us know at [email protected].
- Sale of Personal Information. Stoddard does not sell personal information.
- Deletion of Personal Information. You have the right to request that we delete personal information about you that we have collected from you by contacting us at [email protected].
The Sites are not intended for use by children under the age of 18. We do not knowingly collect or solicit any personal information from children under the age of 18 or knowingly allow such persons to register for an online account. Should we learn that someone under the age of 18 has provided any personal information to or on the Sites, we will remove that information as soon as possible.
Residents of California, Colorado, Connecticut, Utah and Virginia have certain rights under state law. Please contact us at [email protected] regarding any questions or requests under specific state laws. Please note that we may ask for certain information to verify the request in accordance with applicable law.
YOUR CONSUMER DATA RIGHTS AND HOW TO EXERCISE THEM
CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS - PRIVACY NOTICE
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE CPRA
The CPRA gives certain rights to California residents and imposes certain obligations on those businesses that are subject to the CPRA. As required by the CPRA, set forth below is a description of certain rights that California residents generally have under the CPRA. As used below, a "consumer" means a resident of the State of California and a "covered business" means a business that is subject to the CPRA.
- Right to Know/Right to Access. A consumer has the right to request that a covered business that collects a consumer's personal information disclose to that consumer the categories and specific pieces of information the business has collected. A consumer also has the right to request that a covered business that collects a consumer's personal information disclose to that consumer the following:
- 1.The categories of personal information it has collected about that consumer
- 2.The categories of sources from which the personal information is collected
- 3.The business or commercial purpose for collecting, selling or sharing (if applicable) personal information
- 4.The categories of third parties to whom the covered business discloses personal information
- 5.The specific pieces of personal information that the covered business has collected about that consumer
- These disclosures are not required to include any information about activity that occurred prior to January 1, 2022. Please also note that a covered business is not required to honor more than 2 of these requests from the same consumer during any 12-month period.
- Right to Delete. A consumer has the right to request that a covered business delete any personal information that the business has collected from the consumer, subject to certain exceptions.
- Right to Correct. A consumer has the right to request that a covered business correct inaccurate personal information that a business maintains about a consumer.
- Right to Opt-Out of Sale/Sharing. If a covered business sells or shares personal information, a consumer has the right to opt-out of the sale or sharing of their personal information by the business.
- Right to Limit Use and Disclosure of Sensitive Personal Information. If a covered business uses or discloses sensitive personal information for reasons other than those set forth in the CPRA, a consumer has the right to limit the use or disclosure of sensitive personal information by the business.
- Non-Discrimination. A consumer has the right not to receive discriminatory treatment by the covered business for the exercise of privacy rights conferred by the CPRA.
California residents may use an authorized agent to submit a request to delete, a request to know, a request to access, a right to request to correct, or a request to opt-out of the sale or sharing of their personal information. To use an authorized agent, a California resident must provide the agent with signed permission to submit the request. An authorized agent should submit requests to [email protected] and should include proof of signed permission from the California resident to submit the request. An authorized agent may also call our toll-free number, 1-800-342-1414, to submit a request. Stoddard may deny a request from an agent that does not submit signed permission demonstrating that it has been authorized by the California resident to submit the request. For requests to delete, requests to know, requests to access, and requests to correct, California residents may also be required to verify their own identity to Stoddard and directly confirm that they have provided the authorized agent permission to submit the request; however, this requirement and the requirement that an authorized agent submit proof of signed permission will not apply if the California resident has provided the authorized agent with power of attorney pursuant to Cal. Prob. Code Sections 4121 to 4130. In addition, the requirement for an authorized agent to obtain and provide written permission from the California resident does not apply to requests made by an opt-out preference signal.
Stoddard NLA, LLC
190 Alpha Park
Highland Heights, OH 44143
(800) 342 1414
Email at [email protected]
LINKS AT THE FOOTER OF THE WEBSITE:
About Our Cookies
Manage Your Preferences
California Residents Privacy Notice